Victorian Trade Card - B.S. Williams & Co., Kalamazoo, Mich. - Farm Job - water windmill and cattle
This is an original Victorian trade card for B.W. Williams & Co. of Kalamazoo, Michigan. It shows a windmill-powered system to deliver water to different fields on a cattle farm.
The back explains that the company is for "large stockmen, dairymen and breeders" to buy and place one to five machines on their farms. Locations are Kalamazoo Michigan, Rochester New York, Philadelphia Pennsylvania, and St. Louis Missouri. There is also a list of customers and the number of Williams machines placed on their farms, including:
- Rochester Boulevard Co. of Rochester, NY
- Charles A. Palmer of Churchville, NY
- E.D. Bartle of South Oxford, NY
- W.C. Brayton of Syracuse, NY
- H.C. and J. Jewett Stove Works of Buffalo, NY
- N.H. Cole of Mendon, NY
- J. Cermeen of Bucyrus, Ohio
- J.B. McKinny of Fairview, Ind.
- Alex McKechine, Brewer, of Canandaigua, NY
- Peter Painter of Holmesville, Ohio
- Mrs. E. Pierce of Climax, Michigan
- Hon. E. O. Humphrey of Kalamazoo, Michigan
- Seth Baughman of Wadsworth, Ohio
- Cincinnati and Eastern Railroad
- Canada Central Railroad
- Intercolonial railroad
- S. Winslow of Hoboken, NJ
- Staples & Covell of Whitehall, Michigan
- J. Sprague of Springfield, Ohio
- George Morrice of Morrice, Michigan
- Charles Stuart of Audubon, Iowa
- Albert Walker of Whitting, Vermont
- P.S. Lewis of Point Pleasant, West Virginia
- Enos Sheldon of Kalamazoo, Michigan
- J. W. Stenberger of Gallipolis, Ohio
- J.M.H. Beale of Gallipolis, Ohio
It measures 5 3/4 x 3 inches and is in good condition. The colors are bright and the printing is clear and crisp. The upper edge has been trimmed slightly unevenly. There is a little bit of discoloration and wear overall, but it's still a colorful, attractive card with no creases or folds.
Please note that the images include our watermark, you will receive the original trade card, which of course has no watermark. It will be shipped in a stiff mailer for protection.